We are committed to giving our customers the best service and experience, whether participating in activities with friends and family or spectating and enjoying the scenery of Cliff Lakes. The following information is provided for transparency, so you know who we are, what information we collect, and how we may use it. Should you have any questions about the information we collect or how we use it, you can contact us by calling us on 01827 872000 or emailing email@example.com
Cliff Lakes Mailing Address
Data Protection Lead:
Our data protection officer is Richard Quill (Director)
You can contact Richard by:
Phone: 01827872000 (Ask for Richard regarding data protection)
Who are we?
We, Cliff Lakes, are a multi-sports leisure company. Our mission is to actively promote and encourage water sports to families. Cliff Lakes is a trading name for Kingsbury Watersports Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 07145242 whose registered office address is at 59-61 Charlotte Street, St Pauls Square, Birmingham, B3 1PX. Kingsbury Watersports Limited is the data controller for the information we collect from you for the purposes of activities, events, and appointments. Any personal data that we collect will only be in relation to the work we do with our customers.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
The majority of the personal information we hold is provided directly by yourself or by parents / legal guardians in either paper form or via our online booking system.
Where a participant is under the age of 18, this information will only be obtained from a parent/guardian.
We have professional photographers and videographers who capture great action shots while you enjoy your activities from time to time. This material may appear on our website, on our social media channels or in other marketing materials.
Why do we collect data?
The data we collect in support of our activities and operation will include personal data and Sensitive Personal Data. The GDPR requires that there is a lawful basis to process personal data. We collect under the following bases:
Where we maintain mailing lists for sending information out about activities and events run by Cliff Lakes through the use of Sports Booker and Mailchimp
We have a legitimate interest in processing personal data and sensitive personal data to provide membership services and activities.
Where we provide an activity, there is a requirement to ensure that we know who is on the activity and details about them. This will enable us to ensure that the correct amount of money is collected for an activity, to be able to contact party leaders and participants before, during and after an activity, or to respond to an emergency. Additionally, there may be a need to store sensitive personal data about an individual’s health in order to ensure that suitable support can be given to them.
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
How we store personal data
We are committed to the protection of your personal information.
We generally store personal information in one of two secure digital online database systems, where access to that data is restricted and controlled.
- Contact Forms – When you submit a contact form, you give us permission to collect and store personal data to contact you.
- Sports-Booker – is an online booking system; this system is used to collect and store personal data about party leaders and participants that we use on a day-to-day basis.
- NOWCA – is an online booking system; this system is used to collect and store personal data about participants that we use on a day-to-day basis.
- Mailchimp – is an online mailing system we use from time to time to email updates and special offers to party leaders when they opt into marketing content on Sports-Bookers
- Where data is required to be held in an off-line system (e.g. a paper disclaimer), we will ensure suitable protection for the paper records (e.g. locked filing cabinet). Paper records will be securely destroyed after 5 years (unless there is a requirement to maintain a paper record for a legal reason such as an injury, in which case the paper record will be stored securely).
Third-Party Data Processors
Kingsbury Watersport Limited employs the services of the following third-party data processors:
- Sports-Booker – via its online booking system. This is used to collect and store personal data about party leaders and participants. Click here to read more.
- NOWCA – via its online booking system. This is used to collect and store personal data about participants. Click Here to read more.
- Mailchimp – This allows us to email updates and special offers to party leaders.
Automated decision making
Kingsbury Watersports Limited does not have any automated decision-making systems.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We have procedures in place to regularly review every 12 months what personal data we hold. Paper disclaimers are only stored for 5 years (unless there is a requirement to maintain a paper record for a legal reason such as an injury, in which case the paper record will be stored securely). If you have not interacted with us or accessed our services during this or the subsequent period, we may delete your personal data from our systems but will send you an email first informing you of our intention to do so.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the right to object to how we process your personal information. You also have the right to access, correct, sometimes delete and restrict the personal information we use. In addition, you have a right to complain to the data protection regulator and to us.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to be informed – you have a right to know how we will use your data.
- The right to access your personal data – you can ask us to share the data we have about you with you.
- The right to rectification – this just means you can update your data if it is inaccurate or if something is missing. You can view and edit your own personal information directly on our online booking systems (Sports-Booker & NOWCA).
- The right to erasure – this means that you have the right to request that we delete any personal data they have about you. There are some exceptions, for example, some information must be held for legal reasons.
- The right to restrict processing – if you think there is something wrong with the data being held about you or are not sure if we are complying with rules, you can restrict any further use of your data until the problem is resolved.
- The right to data portability – this means that if you ask us we will have to share your data with you in a way that can be read digitally – such as a pdf. This makes it easier to share information with others.
- The right to object – you can object to the ways your data is being used. This should make it easier to avoid unwanted marketing communications and spam from third parties.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – this protects you in cases where decisions are being made about you based entirely on automated processes rather than human input.
Whether or not you exercise your new rights is up to you – the main thing to remember is that they’re there if you need them.
To exercise all relevant rights and complaints, please contact our Data Protection Lead in the first instance.
If you fill in a contact form on our site you opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another form.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page. Should, at some point in the future, we provide services via the internet for which it is necessary for you to register as a user, will be notified to you when you next log in to make use of those services. The new terms may be displayed on-screen, and you will be required to read and accept them to continue your use of our services.
Terms & Conditions
Definitions and Interpretation
The following definitions will apply in this agreement:
Attendee Disclaimer means the declaimer document, including the entry conditions applicable to all Attendees, in the form provided from time to time.
Attendee means any person entering the Participant.
Cliff Lakes is a trading name for Kingsbury Watersports Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 07145242 whose registered office address is at c59-61 Charlotte Street, St Pauls Square, Birmingham, B3 1PX.
Customer/You/Your means any individual who places an Order for themselves and/or Attendees.
Entry Ticket means the ticket(s) provided by Us for Your Session when We accept Your Order.
Order means your Order to purchase an Entry Ticket, whether placed through Our Website or in person.
Session means the date and time, as specified in the Order confirmation email, that You and/or the Attendee(s) in Your Order are subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions are the terms and conditions set out in this document.
We/ Us/Our means Kingsbury Watersports Limited or relevant operator.
Website means Cliff Lake’s website, which can be found at www.clifflakes.co.uk
Unless the context otherwise requires, each reference to these Terms and Conditions refers to these Terms and Conditions as amended or supplemented from time to time.
All Orders placed by You are subject to these Terms and Conditions. You should read and make sure that You understand them before placing an Order. You should contact Us before placing an Order if you have any questions.
Orders may be placed in person, over the phone or by using Our Website.
Whilst We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that representations of the activities are correct, reasonable and accurate, images and video footage of our activities are for illustrative purposes only. By placing an Order, You confirm You are not relying on any such representations.
Price and Payment
The price of the Order is correct at the time you place your Order. The price includes VAT (where applicable). Payment of your Order must be made in full at checkout. Payment may be made with cash (if in person), debit card or credit card.
Changes, Cancellations and Refunds
You may request to change Your Session by emailing Us up to 24 hours before your session date. We will use all reasonable endeavours to accommodate Your request, however, We cannot guarantee that You will be able to reschedule for Your requested date. Unavailability on Your requested date does not entitle You to a refund.
We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule Your Session at any time when reasonably required. We will inform You as soon as reasonably possible if We need to cancel or reschedule Your Session. You will receive a credit note for the value of Your Order which You can use to re-book for an available Session. The cancellation or rescheduling of Your Session does not automatically entitle You to a refund.
Unless Your Session has already started, if You placed the Order using Our Website, then you have a statutory right to a 14-day cooling-off period. You may cancel Your Order and receive a full refund by contacting Us and letting Us know that You are exercising Your right to change Your mind.
To cancel a booking, you need to contact our team, who will process your cancellation. Your booking will be issued as followed.
72 hours or more – A full credit note will be issued, which you can use at a later date.
48 hours or less – No refunds are available.
You are entitled to amend your booking date, but this will be subject to availability. You may change your booking up to 24 hours before your start time.
A credit note means a credit that is on your Sports Booker Account.
If You do not have a statutory right to change Your mind, then You will only be able to get a refund where the site is closed for more than 30 consecutive days.
You will not be entitled to a refund if You and/or any participant are refused entry or removed from your activity.
All customers are required to check-in at the reception at the below time before your activity session. This allows enough time for check-in, changing, and any safety briefing that may be required.
Aqua Park & Aqua Chimp- Please check-in at reception 30 minutes before your activity
Swim Lanes & Open Water Swimming – Please check-in at reception 15 minutes before your activity.
Failing to check-in at the correct time may result in You missing your session with no refund or alternative session.
It is a condition of admission to our activities that You have paid for Your Order in full (unless special credit terms have been agreed for the exclusive use of the Aqua Park, Aqua Chimp, and Stand up Paddleboarding).
By placing Your Order, you accept that each Participant must agree to and comply with the entry conditions in the Disclaimer, including those listed below, at all times.
Participants must be capable of swimming 50 metres in a buoyancy aid, and they must be confident in the water.
Participants must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Participants must not have any illness, injury or medical condition which may be worsened by participating in activities or which increases the risk of injury to themselves or other Participants. If the Participant needs clarity regarding their medical conditions, they should consult with their doctor to ascertain if they can participate.
Participants must not have suffered any dislocation injuries before attending our activities.
Pregnant participants should consult with their midwife to check the suitability of their activity.
Participants must behave in a safe, responsible and considerate manner and must not act in a way that may cause injury to themselves or other participants or otherwise interfere with other participants’ use and enjoyment of the activities.
Participants must comply with any instruction given by Our employees, personnel or any third party instructed on Our behalf and must comply with all notices and directions provided and/or displayed by Us.
Participants are not to swim under any Aqua Park obstacles.
Participants should remove all rings, earrings, and jewellery before partaking in activities.
Swimming Participants must always wear a bright swimming cap for visibility. If the Participant gets into difficulty, then they should turn onto their back and raise one arm into the air to raise attention. If other swimmers get into difficulty, then You should raise the alarm to a staff member. Participants must sign in and out with the designated safety person when entering and exiting the water. Participants should enter and exit the water at the specified place and stay within the designated swim course unless instructed otherwise.
Changes to your activity
We endeavour to ensure that as many inflatables as reasonably possible are available for use by participants. However, We reserve the right to remove inflatables from the Aqua Park, suspend boat operation, or close swim lanes/ swim loops.
Your safety is Our primary concern. We, therefore, reserve the right to close part or suspend the operation of any activity at any time for any technical or operational reasons (including staff illness) or due to weather, capacity, special events or for any other reason to ensure the safety and security of participants or if We reasonably consider the circumstances so require.
If any of Our activites are closed for any of the reasons set out above, We reserve the right to reschedule your Order for an alternative Session in substitution for a refund.
- Spectators are welcome to watch participants on their activities. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are limiting the number of guests on-site, so pre-booking is essential.
Participant and Guest Behaviour
- We ask that Participant’s and guests behave in a safe manner towards other parties and members of Staff. If any participant or guest is behaving or likely to behave in such a way as to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to property, Cliff Lakes is entitled without prior notice to expel the customer immediately. No refunds will be made, and the customer is liable for any damage caused.
- We always go above and beyond to ensure that Participants and customers have a great experience with us, and we welcome customer feedback to enhance your visit. If this is not the case, then please get in touch with our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Photography and Videography
- We have professional photographers and videographers who capture great action shots while you enjoy your activities from time to time. This material may appear on our website, on our social media channels or in other marketing materials.
- We reserve the right to change or amend any or all of the conditions.
- Personal property is brought onto our site at the owner’s risk. We are not responsible for any damage, theft or loss caused to personal property brought onto our site.